Friends, beginning to end
Staring eyes, hateful lies, words said in disgust
Hurtful, decieving, a little misleading,- no one I can trust
I thought I could, said I would; - always have a friend
Now i know, - true colors show; I'm alone until the end
- Time goes by oh so fast. Nothing for sure, or meant to last
Sometimes you'll want it, other times, ya won't
One day you have it, the next, ya don't....
- Lonely, lasting for a short while; along comes a friend to make you smile
Feeling great as things seem to be changing
Slowly but surely, my life is arrainging
Leading to what hope is good- doing right by all that should
Trying hard to see what lies ahead; taking chances by what somebody said
Can this be a friend or just an aquaintance?
Like all things, in time, it too will need maintence
- On my own or with helping hands, maybe a friend who understands
Either way, I have a choice,- advised by many but I hear one voice
Choosing, picking, having to decide; hoping our friendship will not collide
Falling down, get back on my feet;lean towards goals I want to meet
Day by day, one by one, friend after friend, until there is none
Getting older, always knowing, wiser, smarter, - keep on going
- Reaching where I want to be. Who, if anyone, walked with me?
Did they follow? Did I lead? Can this be just what I need?
Will I ever find that one friend?
- Someone whose always there, from beginning to the end...